This website, whose home page is located at URL www.khalij.co.uk (the “Website”), is an online information service provided by us, subject to your compliance with these terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”). These Terms and Conditions apply to the entire content of the Website and to any correspondence by email between you and us. You should read these Terms and Conditions carefully before using the Website. By using the Website you indicate that you accept these Terms and Conditions. If you do not wish to be bound by these Terms and Conditions, do not access or use the Website.
- These Terms and Conditions are issued by Khalij (UK) Limited whose registered office is given below under section 17 below, UK. When we use “we”, “us”, “our”, “Khalij Group” or “KG”; in these Terms and Conditions we are referring to Khalij Islamic (BVI) Limited, Khalij (UK) Limited, Khalij Islamic Business Consultancy WLL or Khalij Islamic Business Consultancy FZE and any of our affiliates. When we use “you” or your”, we are referring to you, the user accessing this Website.
- You will be bound by those Terms and Conditions where you are an individual accessing a page of the Website, whether via the homepage or not. Where you are accessing the Website in the course of employment you act as your employer’s agent; your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions is deemed acceptance by your employer of these Terms and Conditions and any reference to “you” shall be deemed to include your employer.
- We may modify these Terms and Conditions from time to time, and such modifications shall be effective immediately upon posting on the Website. You should check these Terms and Conditions periodically so that you are aware of such modifications, as your continued access or use of the Website will demonstrate your acceptance of the Terms and Conditions as modified. If you do not accept any modifications then do not access or use the Website.
- You will be able to access materials of the Website without going through a registration process.
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions will affect your statutory rights.
Copyright and Intellectual Property Rights
- This website is owned and operated by Khalij Group. All of the content featured or displayed on this website including, but not limited to, text, graphics, photographs, images, moving images, sound, illustrations and software (“Content”) is owned by Khalij Group. All elements of Website including, but not limited to, the general design and the Content, are protected by copyright, moral rights, trademark and other laws relating to intellectual property rights. The Websit, its Content and all related rights shall remain the exclusive property of Khalij Group or its licensors unless otherwise expressly agreed.
- All material contained in this website, provided by Khalij Group is only intended for the lawful use by its customers, employees and members of the general public. The material may not be copied, republished, incorporated into another website or reproduced (whether by linking, framing or any other method), transmitted, distributed, uploaded, posted, used to create a derivative work or exploited in any other way without the written consent of Khalij Group.
Access to the Website
We endeavour to make the Website available uninterrupted and fault free. However, we will not be liable if for any reason the Website is unavailable at any time or for any period. Access to the Website may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair or for any other reason.
- You must not violate any applicable national or international law in accessing or using the Website.
- You must not manipulate or otherwise display the Website by using framing or similar navigational technology. You may not link to the Website without our prior written consent.
- You are responsible for obtaining and maintaining all telephone, computer hardware, software and other equipment needed for access to and use of the Website and for meeting all costs associated with that equipment.
- You are prohibited from uploading, posting or transmitting to or from the Website any material:
- That is threatening, defamatory, obscene, indecent, seditious, offensive, pornographic, abusive, liable to incite racial hatred, discriminatory, menacing, scandalous, inflammatory, blasphemous, in breach of confidence, in breach of privacy or which may cause annoyance or inconvenience; or
- For which you have not obtained all necessary licences and/ or approvals; or
- Which constitutes or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise be contrary to the law; or
- That infringes our or any other third parties patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights, in the UK or any other country in the world; or
- Which is technically harmful (including, without limitation, computer viruses, logic bombs, Trojan horses, worms, corrupted data or other malicious software or harmful data or code).
- You may not misuse the Website (including, without limitation, by hacking).
- Please note that we shall aim to co-operate fully with any law enforcement authorities or court orders requesting or directing us to disclose the identity or locate anyone posting any material in breach of Section 12 or 13 above.
- You shall indemnify us, our affiliates, suppliers and employees from and against all losses, expenses, damages and costs (including legal fees) arising as a result of your breach of these Terms and Conditions, your negligence or otherwise as a result of your use of the Website.
- You assume responsibility and risk for your use of the Website and the Internet generally. It is solely your responsibility to evaluate the accuracy, completeness and usefulness of all opinions, advice, services, merchandise, advertising and other information provided on the Website, via a link or on the Internet generally.
- You acknowledge that nothing on the Website has been tailored for your particular requirements. We recommend that you always consult an appropriate professional advisor before relying on personal, legal or financial advice provided on the Website. Nothing on the Website constitutes the offering of investment advice.
- While we have taken all reasonable steps to ensure the accuracy and completeness of the content of the website, we exclude any warranties, undertakings or representations (either express or implied) to the full extent permitted under applicable law, that the website or (including without limitation) all or any part of the content or materials, accuracy, availability or completeness of the content of the website or any part of the content or materials, are appropriate or available for use either in the United Kingdom or in other jurisdictions. If you use this website from other jurisdictions, you are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws.
- We may make changes to the material on the Website, or to the products and services described in it, at any time without notice. The material on the Website may be out of date, and we make no commitment to update such material.
- Any opinions, advice, statements, offers, advertising, products or other information expressed or made available by third parties on the Website, or via a link, are those of the third party concerned. We neither endorse nor are responsible for the accuracy or reliability of any third party material.
- Some of the information on the Website may contain projections or other forward-looking statements regarding future events or our future financial performance. You acknowledge that these statements are only predictions and that the actual events or results may differ materially.
- We do not guarantee or warrant that files available for downloading through the Website will be free of infection or viruses, worms, Trojan horses or other code that manifest contaminating or destructive properties. You are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and checkpoints to satisfy your particular requirements for accuracy of data input and output, and for maintaining a means external to the Website for the reconstruction of any lost data.
- We accept full liability to you for: a) any fraud we commit; or b) any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions will exclude or limit that liability.
- Other than any liability to you under section above, we accept no liability however caused (to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law) arising out of the use of or access to this website (which includes without limitation) any errors or omissions contained in this website or if the website is unavailable and we shall not be liable, direct or indirect, for: a) any business loss including loss of revenue, profits or anticipated savings (whether those losses are the direct or indirect result of our default); b) loss of goodwill or reputation; or c) economic losses (including without limitation loss of revenues, data, profits, contracts, use, opportunity, business or anticipated savings); d) any loss which was not reasonably foreseeable to us when you accessed or used the Website (even if it results from our failure to comply with these Terms and Conditions or our negligence); e) any other loss or damage whatsoever which you suffer (even if it results from our failure to comply with these Terms and Conditions or our negligence and even if it was foreseeable to you and us when you accessed or used the Website); arising in connection with your use or inability to use the Website; or any information, or transactions provided on the Website, via a link, or downloaded from the Website or any delay in the provision of such information or service.
The Website may contain links to external websites (“Link”). Khalij Group is not responsible for the content or operation of any such external sites and disclaims all liability, howsoever occurring, in respect of the content or operation of any such external website. If you use the Link, you will leave the Website. Your use of any third-party website will be subject to that third party’s terms and conditions. We do not monitor the content of third party web sites and the Links are provided for your convenience only.
Information you provide
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of England. Any court proceedings must be brought in the English courts.
- These Terms and Conditions are personal to you. You shall not assign or transfer to anyone any of your rights or obligations under these Terms and Conditions without our prior written consent.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall be deemed to grant any rights or benefits to any person other than you or us.
Any waiver by either you or us of any right under these Terms and Conditions will be confined to the circumstance in which it is given. It shall not affect the subsequent enforcement of the same right or the enforcement of any other right.
If any part of these Terms and Conditions is for any reason found by a court or any other authority of competent jurisdiction to be void or otherwise unenforceable, that part shall be deemed omitted from these Terms and Conditions. The remainder of these Terms and Conditions shall remain in full force and effect to the maximum extent permitted by law.
These Terms and Conditions contain all our commitments and constitute the entire agreement between you and us in relation to your use of the Website. No other statement we make, including statements in any brochure or promotional literature published by us, may be incorporated into this agreement or have any legal effect.
You and/or we may terminate these Terms and Conditions at any time, without prior notice, for any reason. All provisions of these Terms and Conditions which grant continuing rights or impose continuing obligations shall survive termination of these Terms and Conditions.
In order to maintain the security of its systems, protect its staff and detect fraud and other crimes, Khalij Group reserves the right to monitor all internet communications, including web and email traffic, into and out of its domain. Monitoring includes (without limitation) checks for viruses and other malignant code, criminal activity, and use or content that is unauthorised or unlawful or material that may cause offence in any way.
Calls to our offices, employees and officers may be recorded for training and security purposes.
Khalij Islamic (UK) Limited is a company incorporated in the England and with registered office at Level 37, One Canada Square, Canary Wharf, London, E14 5DY, United Kingdom (company registration number 06701747). Authorised and Regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (authorisation reference number 599274).
- NOTICE: If you have received an e-mail from Khalij Group or any of the companies who are member of Khalij Group, the e-mail and all attachments transmitted with it are intended solely for the use of the addressee and may contain legally privileged and confidential information. If the reader of the message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, copying, or other use of the message or its attachments is strictly prohibited. If you have received a message in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying to the message and please delete it from your devices.
- PLEASE NOTE that all incoming e-mails will be automatically scanned by us and by an external service provider to eliminate unsolicited promotional e-mails (“spam”). This could result in deletion of a legitimate e-mail before it is read by its intended recipient at our firm. Please write to us if you have concerns about this automatic filtering.
Copyright and Reproduction Notice
Copyright © 2020 Khalij Group. All rights reserved. The contents of the website of Khalij Group are protected under international copyright conventions. Reproduction of any of the information contained in the website is strictly prohibited unless it has been specifically agreed in writing with Khalij Group. Please contact Khalij Group if you wish to seek such approval.
MODERN SLAVERY AND HUMAN TRAFFICKING STATEMENT
This statement is made pursuant to Section 54, Part 6 of the Modern Slavery Act 2015 on behalf of Khalij Group (including all group companies). The statement sets out the steps Khalij Group has taken to ensure that slavery and human trafficking is not taking place in our supply chains or in any part of our business.
- We recognise the suffering which modern slavery and human trafficking causes. In an increasingly global marketplace, we recognise that all businesses have a responsibility to understand whether modern slavery and human trafficking is taking place within their supply chains and this is a responsibility we take seriously.
- As a reputed and international firm of advisors, we always work to the highest professional standards and comply with all laws, regulations and rules relevant to our business. Corporate social responsibility is an intrinsic part of our culture and we aim to make a lasting and positive impact on the communities in which we live and work. We expect the same from our suppliers and business partners.
- Khalij Group is committed to ensuring we are not supplied by anyone who engages in human trafficking and modern slavery. A team led by our Compliance officer, working closely with all relevant divisions within the business, including Legal, Human Resources, Finance, Facilities and IT implements the policy as set out in in internal compliance handbook. We also have a Whistleblowing Policy, which is included in our internal compliance handbook and if employees have concerns about any wrongdoing or breaches of law, they can raise these concerns in confidence without fear of disciplinary action.
- We take the following steps to identify risks of modern slavery and human trafficking within our business and our supply chain:
- We assess risk related to human trafficking and forced labour associated with our supply base. Our preliminary assessments will be based upon geography, the product or services being purchased, supplier quality performance and the nature of the business transaction.
- We carry out due diligence on all relevant and appropriate suppliers by asking for information on their policies on fair sourcing of goods and services, and employment practices. In respect of certain suppliers, we seek the right to request and receive copies of their policies.
- We have a code of ethical business practices, which we expect all suppliers to adhere to. The code sets out the standards we expect our suppliers to uphold at all times relating to various matters including anti-bribery and corruption, human trafficking, slavery, and ethical behaviour.
- We are rolling out a programme of training on modern slavery and human trafficking that will be available to staff as part of our induction training. Training on modern slavery will be mandatory for those involved in human resources and procurement.
- We will seek to impose contractual terms on our suppliers asking them to warrant that they and their suppliers are in full compliance with the anti-slavery policy. We will audit our suppliers where there is deemed to be considerable risk or we have concerns of non-compliance to ensure that this is the case. The right to audit is included in our suppliers’ contracts where relevant and appropriate.
This statement was issued by Mr Muhammad Asim Khan, Chief Executive Officer of Khalij Group, on 1 June 2020.